What items can be donated
Donate your furniture, appliances, home décor, and building supplies to our Habitat for Humanity ReStores – you’ll receive a charitable tax receipt and help build homes for families across Niagara!
Drop off your donations at one of our ReStores nearest you or let us pick them up for FREE.
Questions? Contact the ReStores directly.
Why donate to the ReStore?
It helps the environment. Every item donated to the ReStore equals less useable material being thrown in a landfill.
It’s good for the community Proceeds from every ReStore purchase help local families build brighter futures for themselves with Habitat for Humanity.
You receive a charitable tax receipt. You’ll receive a charitable tax receipt for items valued at $100 or more – that’s good for you!
We offer FREE pick-up. We’ll come and collect your large donation for FREE. Schedule your donation pick-up today!
What items can be donated?
We accept a variety of items from businesses and homeowners. All items must be in good, resalable condition, and we reserve the right to refuse any item. If you don’t see an item on either list, or have a donation question, please contact us. Please also know that occasionally we cannot accept certain items due to a large inventory on hand.
Items we accept:
- All appliances either working or not (we also accept metal waste)
- Small appliances
- Window and portable AC units
Clothing and Textiles
- Lumber (free of all nails and screws, minimum 5' in length)
- New siding (minimum 10'x10')
- Residential electrical items
- Sheet goods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets with no damage
- Stairs and parts
- Steel studs
- Trim and molding (minimum 5' in length)
- Unopened grout, sealant, drywall compound
- Unused insulation
- Unused weeping tile
- Exterior or interior
- Storm Doors with complete frame
- Sliding Glass Patio Doors (in frame)
- No rotted wood, broken glass, or peeling paint
- No doors over 84 inches tall
- Residential electric items only
- No donations of commercial electrical stock accepted
- Antique & vintage furniture
- Bed frames
- Book cases
- Coffee/Side tables
- File cabinets
- Headboards and footboards
- Hutches, buffets, side tables, credenzas
- Office chairs
- Small student desks
- Carpet Remnants must be unused, 10′ x 10′ or larger
- Area rugs (new/like new)
- Carpet padding (new, minimum 10′ x 10′)
- Hardwood or laminate (new, in box, minimum 50 sq. ft.)
- Vinyl and ceramic tile (new, in box, minimum 50 sq ft.)
- Carpet squares (new/like new)
- Full boxes of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc.
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc.
- Dishes and cookware (Fonthill location only)
- Holiday décor
- Home accents
- Mirrors (must be framed)
- Throw pillows
- Wall art
- Cabinet doors (new/like new)
- Cabinets must have all doors and drawers
- Counter tops (minimum 4’ of solid countertop free from damage)
- Full kitchens
- Learn about our FREE kitchen removal program
- Medicine cabinets
- Miscellaneous cabinets
- Must have no structural or water damage
- Antique and vintage lights
- Indoor and outdoor lighting
- Lamps (table or floor lamps)
- Pendant lights, hanging lights
- All lumber must be free of all nails and screws
- Sheetgoods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets with no damage
- Trim and molding must be at least 5′ in length
- Arts and craft supplies
- Exercise equipment (must be fully functional)
- > Musical instruments (call your local store)
- Sporting goods
- Painting equipment
- Quarts, gallons and 5-gallon buckets, must be unopened, no rust on cans
- White or off white toilets (6 litre or less flush only)
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Fiberglass bathtubs with no cracks
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
- No chips, cracks, rust or water damage
- Power tools, all types
- Hand tools
- Stationary tools
- Running/non-running cars, trucks, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, jet skis, etc.
- Call the closest ReStore to you for details
- Windows must be double paned and in the full frame
- Maximum 6’x6’ (36 sq. ft.) corporate donors excluded /li>
- Antique /li>
- Exterior shutters /li>
- Stained glass /li>
- Vintage decorative /li>
- Vinyl/aluminum framed thermal
- Antique and vintage tools
- Hardware (nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors - we’ll take it all!)
- Power tools, hand tools, stationary tools
Items we have to say “No thank you” to:
- Baby cribs
- Baby strollers
- Bed mattresses or box springs
- Blinds with cords
- Car seats
- Chemical solvents and strippers
- Helmets (hockey, bicycle, etc.)
- Oil-based paints
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Used tires
- Weapons (guns, knives or ammunition)
Medical Equipment & Supplies:
What they accept: Medical beds, lifting devices, walking devices, bathroom items, machinery, cushions.